Prof. Hussein Al-zeaud,Dean of the faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
The private sector in Jordan is rapidly expanding due to an economic boost and new legislations that motivate local and foreign investment. As a result, the market demand on personnel with high business and financing skills will continue to grow, both in Jordan and in the rest of the region.
The Faculty of Finance and Business Administration at Al Al-Bayt University is an interdisciplinary organ which comprises human and scientific tools and techniques that aim at graduating individuals who combine technological solutions and available resources whilst respecting social and cultural demands of evolving businesses and industries. Its students are empowered with a variety of courses teaching skills, technology; and theory.
Through its interactive learning environment, the faculty encompasses critical involvement with various processes and practices that enhance awareness and sensitivity to socio-cultural responsibilities and surrounding environment. Emphasis is placed on teamwork, networking, and integration of education with the local/regional market, capitalizing on the most important resource, i.e. the Human one. The faculty further emphasizes qualitative and qualitative research methods as well as new techniques of analysis at the graduate level.
The Faculty was founded in 1992, offering B.A. Degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics of Finance and Business, and Finance and Banking, as well as MA Degrees in Accounting, Business Administration (MBA), Finance & Banking, and Public Administration.
Currently, the Faculty is running five Departments: (1) Department of Business Administration; (2) Department of Public Administration; (3) Department of Banking and Finance; (4) Department of Economics of Finance and Business; and (5) Department of Accounting.
The aim of the faculty is to:
· Produce graduates who are highly qualified and skilled for the various jobs in the
· different business and industrial sectors.
· Meet the professional development needs of individuals with significant local and regional financing and business administrative responsibilities.
· Develop student’s skills in written and oral communication for better job opportunities.
· Enhance student’s skills in advanced computer applications related to their specialty.
· Educate students in contemporary financing and business methods and concepts through coursework and through applications in the market.
The above goals can be achieved by providing students with comprehensive coursework in the different degree plans provided at the faculty, with a view to reducing the gap between theory and practice in the private and public sectors
To create highly qualified Jordanian and non Jordanian graduates endowed with:
• High competence • Motivation for work
• Leadership and teamwork skills
• Decision-making, creative problem solving, and analytical abilities
• Modern communicative skills
The programs offer students with critical core training for proper job opportunities and employability in the various service and industry sectors of the local and regional markets, in accordance with the students’ specializationsProf. Hussein Al-zeaud, Dean